They drug their feet, moaned and basically were very dramatic about my horrifying request that messed up their precious TV time. But they went downstairs.
I assumed my children would obey. However ... you know what assuming does.
So ... I go downstairs to tuck them into bed ....
There's an odd lump on the floor ... I can tell the blanket I see is not really as large as it appears ... so I pick it up .... there on the floor ... all of the clothes that were to be hung up.
Kennedy decided to hide them from me. Kadi gave her up very quickly and Kennedy didn't deny it ... instead she screamed at me "What was I doing to her". Oh ... that started a lecture ... let me tell you ....
She learned how dare you tell me such a thing when I was the one who did her laundry ... oh yes ... I also buy all her food, clothes, clean her house, prepare her meals, do her laundry .... and how dare I ask her to hang up her clothes.
So I ran upstairs after her outburst ... got a trashbag and proceeded to bag up all said clothing laying on the floor.
I said maybe next time you'll obey. No skin off my back. Then she really got going crying and screaming ... this time How dare I bag up her clothes ....
Really? Really? says I. I don't think so .... lecture #2 .... If we would obey in the first place, there would be no such discussion or consequence I informed her. Then came the Scripture quoting. ... Especially after she told me she couldn't be good ... out came I Corinthians 10:13 ... oh yes, God provides a way out of each temptation ... we only have to CHOOSE it.
Ay ... my adrenaline is pumping. And I'm exhausted.
Him is getting ready to salt and plow ... this storm is crazy! Good, but crazy. It has been icing outside since 8:30 this morning ... it's 9:24 now ... the snow should be starting anytime and continue for about 12 hours more. Boy oh boy. I know it will be gorgeous ... I just pray all the crazies will drive carefully and stay away from my husband's truck!
Whew .... I'm going to go breathe in the living room next to Klayton and the Christmas Tree ... his exersaucer is right by the tree ... sweet. I'll add a picture of the two of them ((Klayton & the tree) here in a sec.

Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment