Saturday, December 02, 2006

Why is it that every measuring device that I have in my house is missing ... albeit the trusty old wooden ruler like I used in 2nd grade?

I had an ebayer ask a measurement question tonight ... I scoured the house for my measuring tape that I got from HCC and my sewing measuring tape ... both gone. I just found the former earlier today and remember putting it up high ... apparently not high enough. I pulled out the trusty wooden ruler ... I guess it was findable based upon uncoolness ... my kids don't ever want to use it. Funny.

So ... I'm looking at my fingernails as I type. Pitiful. I should be de-paintifiying them right now ... I am enjoying making up words tonight. Good times. Good fun. I wonder if I could use them in scrabble. I'm sure I could half way convince Jenny they are words. It's worked before.

So ... I made 11 dozen cookies to take to church today for Journey to Bethlehem (which is December 7 - 10) ... and had near 7 dozen left over for the family. I didn't eat ONE at all!!!!! I know they are good though ... Him had like 5 of them. I, though, made it through that HUGE challenge. It began as a family (children and Mom) project ... the cooking making ... however ... as it does so often, it became a Mom project quickly. Kennedy stuck it out the best. She said she was going to see it through to the end .... The end came, and she was no where in sight. It's okay. It's what I do.

THEN ... I did dishes in the bathtub for the 3rd time in two days. My oh my .... what was it I said in a previous blog ... SERENITY NOW!

Him has been very busy with the fallen snow and ice ... soon to be also busy with destroyed trees. I know he's tired, and I hate the fact that I stuffed the sink up again ... but come on ... it needs fixed! I am soooo paying pennance by doing my dishes on my knees next to the toilet ... I hate the toilet ... I'm a toilet-phobe. I subconsciously try not to breathe when I am near a toilet ... I'll catch myself doing it and make myself stop. There are just so many germs there. Icky. I don't want to breathe them ... yes I realize it is not rational ... but that's what makes it a phobia ... right? Irrational fear ... course it isn't really fear ... more disgust. Disgust of toilet germs. Is there a name for such an illness? It must be a rare illness ... most people think I'm ridiculous ... so obviously not many suffer from toilet-apnia .... can't breathe ... get it? I like that ... toilet-apnia. Of course ... I think people who suffer from cemetary-apnia are silly. Not breathing when you pass a cemetary ... come on ... what's that about ... ... I understand now there must be mutual respect of strangeness.

We watched You, Me and Dupree tonight (I was sitting at the kitchen table frosting cookies) ... it was hysterical. I had heard that it wasn't very good .... I thought it was GREAT! Him and I were both laughing outloud! That's a good movie!

Owen had a shirt on the said ... "Meet my Little Friend" with a picture of a gnome beside it ....I WANT that shirt! Too funny! If that isn't the exact wording, it's like that ... it was great!

Also a non-often known fact about me ... I love garden gnomes. Yes. It's true. There's an episode of King of the Hill were Peggy discovers garden gnomes. It rocks ... as does the Traveling Gnome ... those commercials are THE best. I have three garden gnomes in my flower bed. One has painted fingernails ... he's from Becky.

A fun site to visit if one enjoys the friendship of a garden gnome is ... www.freethegnomes.com. Hysterical ... and oh so informative. I can't make out whether these people are just bonkers or what. Great stuff.

I am sooooo rambling and VERY sleepy.

Klayton slept from 10:30 to 6:30 last night!!!! Fabulous!! I did too. It was awesome! Like ... the best night sleep I have had in MONTHS ... maybe even a year ... maybe this is the cause of the rambling ... although fatigue is setting in ... the adrenaline from the excitement of realizing I had rest is still with me.

It's 11:30 ... and Klayton has a good jump on sleep on me ... so I must away ...

Goodnight sweet Blog.

No comments: