It is morning. Only 7:00 ... I like that. I am a morning person ... why I don't get up earlier every day baffles me. Oh, could it be the baby ... that might be a good reason ... but now I'm going to get up earlier and read my Bible and spend time getting my brain and heart ready for the day.
"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed in to judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.
Wow ... how much do I do in my brain that no one knows about ... God does. I have to remember that. I need to KNOW that. God sees it all. Lord, I am so inadequate. I really have such a goody persona ... oh what people don't know about me ... but You do. Thank you for still loving me despite my ups and downs, my failures. You are amazing Lord. Your LOVE is unfathomable to me. BUT, I know it is real. I know it is there in my grasp.
"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?" Ecclesiastes 2:24-25.
I pray today I find satisfaction in my work. Help me to see the good in all things. The good in Kyle. The good in the children. The good in cleaning this house. The good in Kimbra. The good in Khiana. The good in me. May I find JOY today as I go about my tasks. And Lord, I need to get on a schedule. Today is the first day ... make it many ... make me able to maintain the lifestyle that will help us all function better ... all the while keeping in mind that I can do nothing better than to find satisfaction in all that I do. Find contentment in EVERY circumstance I find myself in ... with Kyle, with work, with the kids, with Dad.
It is a new day. I want to live it! I am going to place three Scriptures that I read this morning up around the house. Kyle made a nasty comment to me .. If I would actually read my Bible, I wouldn't have to put Scriptures up around the house. I don't agree. For me .. it is binding the word of God on my heart. It is placing it on the doorframes of my home. It is putting it where my children have the opportunity to read and grow ... and possibly it may encourage Kyle.
Help me today Lord to not take Kyle personally, to accomplish the tasks I need to, to love my children without yelling/frustration, to find time for a friend.
Be with Shawn and Alex today. Bless them. Get them out of the house to LIVE.
Thank you Lord.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment