It was Buder Family Reading Night this evening. From 6:00 to 7:30. Keenan, Kennedy, Kadi and I all attended. It was a very fun time! First off, we went into the Reading Cave ... in there ... the light was off and they were able to read using flashlights. It was sweet. They really enjoyed that. From there, we headed to the cafeteria for a snack. Then at 6:30, we headed to the gym with the stage to listen to a Storyteller. She was very good. I think she told 3 stories and read them one. WHILE we were there though .... Miss Jennifer announced from the office over the intercom ... that there was a black dodge in the back parking lot with the license plate ... 0__EEX that had the door left open! No mistake ... that was my car ... so I ran out the bottom door and told the kids to stay put ... switch the order of those two items .... Sure enough, there was the Durango wide open for the world to get inside ... I checked to make sure it would start because the light wasn't on ... it did. Then I tried to get back inside the building the way I came out ... it was locked, so I ran around to Kennedy's class's side ... that was locked, so then I ran up the hill to the front doors ... there I was able to get inside! Then I went down the upstairs hall to make it down the stairs by the gym to reuinite with my children .... The door at the bottom of the stairs was locked! So I ran back up the stairs ... now that door was locked! I was stuck in the stairwell ... hilarious! Sort of ... I had to pee! So I knocked hard and someone opened the door ... I bolted down the hallway to the stairs that lead to the kitchen! My kids were alone and I couldn't get to them! Panic. Once in the cafeteria ... I quickly made my way down that hall to the gym and there found my children completely wrapped up in the storyteller's story. Whew. From there we headed to room 112 ... were Mrs. Cloud and Mrs. Resimius, both of our teachers, were hosting a make your own reading bag activity. We had tons of fun in there! Keenan and Kennedy were able to do this activity because theya re Buder students. AND then, we went to the Book Walk. All 3 of my kiddies in attendance with me won a book! What fun! And then we came home, and here we are.
Now it is time for me to go say goodnight to them .... It is 9:00 p.m. Totally bedtime.
Thursday, March 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment