Hello world.
I'm writing to you from our new Dell Hyperion Laptop computer. Yes, our newest toy. It is rather nice. Necessary? I'm just not sure. Wait ... who am I kidding ... I'm sure.
So, it's been a crazy week around here with this fever virus. All four of my kids and Kambria have had it. Fevers around 102 for 2 to 2 1/2 days. Not fun. Koel's eyes have been swollen too. Kadi has had a sore "froat" she says. I think she just wants the cough drops. But ... how can I tell ... I looked in her 'froat' and all I saw was pinkness ... normal pinkness. I'm still not good at this 'mom' thing sometimes. How do I know when there's a sore throat ?? My parents could always tell by looking in my throat. I don't know. Ah .....
Keenan missed two days of school this week too. AND when he went back to school ... he got in trouble! yes, my sweet little Keenan got in trouble at school! Shocking! Mrs. Cloud said he was making chirping noises in the hallway as they walked. And he was not listening to her ... straight up not even acknowledging her when she spoke to him. She chalked it up to maybe he was on medication ... but he wasn't. That boy. What to do. What to do.
So .... I think a fun thing to document would be the fun things that Koel says .... Kennedy is reading this as I type ... so I'll ask her to help me. Here's a list of fun things Koel says:
1) "Dahd-dy gid up!" (this week I heard him trying to wake up his daddy ... when that didn't work, he then started shouting for me ... Day-da gid up! Day-da gid up!) Funny stuff!
2) "Beana" ... that would be Banana.
3) "Happen?" ... this would mean What Happened?. Too cute.
4) "Sissy" is Kennedy. "Kay-ey" is Kadi. "Bubba" of course is Keenan.
Khiana is "Nana". Aunt Kimbra is simply "K". He loves "K". Kambria
"Bia" ... we've all adopted that name for her ... Bia Bia.
5) "Pee-pa" .... that's how he first said Grandpa. He's better at Papa now.
These are just a few fun things that HAVE to be written down! I know there are so many more ... but you know when you sit down to write it all ... they all fly out the window in my mind!
Koel is fun. We'll keep him.
Natalie gets home from Italy tonight. I'm excited to hear all about it!
Okay .... an American Idol note .... I still love Bo and Nadia. They're my picks! Anwar too. Constantine ... I agree with Simon ... he would win "Smouldering Idol". I'm enjoying it very much. I have never really watched it this much before ... they've got a good group me thinks. I like Nikko ... but he won't go far in this ... just a gut feeling. I have to semi-root for him because of the St. Louis connection and all. But that Bo. My my my. Nough Said.
Kadi and Kennedy are very cute. I was overwhelmed today by how adorable all four of my kids are! They were all sitting on the couch together this morning ... four little babies all in a row! Ah ..... It was a totally pinchable moment! I nearly teared up. But I didn't cry ... I did hug them all though! He,he.
Kimbra came home from work early today. She said she felt like she was going to pass out at work and she has a headache. I bet it's this fever virus. Man, it is soooo not fun!
I discovered this week that I'm allergic to Kyle. ... Just kidding ... I'm really allergic to the pollen that was in the tree he cut down on Tuesday. He didn't take a shower when he got home because he was tired, so we went to bed ... sawdust, pollen and all. I was soooo sick when I woke up on Wednesday morning. I told Kyle I was allergic to him! Funny. My allergies seem to be getting worse here in St. Louis ... maybe El Paso would be sooo much better. Hmmm.
I like the idea of a dry climate. I could even learn to love the desert I think. It has mountains down there .... not huge-mungous, but mountains. That's what I love! And it is warm! I love warm. And dry. I like dry. Hmmm.
Okay, so I'm babbling. Babbling is good for the soul. What else can I write about? I think maybe it is naptime. That sounds good to me ... Kennedy however just expressed extreme disdain at the idea! He.He.
Dinner will be pork steaks on the grill. Now that is something to look forward to! Yum! Gotta eat em before Nat gets home! No meat you know for that one! I have her some Boca Crumbles and Burgers in the freezer. Mmmm .... sarcastically.
Okay .... I'm going to go now. TTFN.
Friday, March 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment