Monday, August 23, 2004

Side note ... we've had 3 contractors come by and give the kitchen a look-see. I've received a bid from one already. I think it will be right at $5,000 for the job in the kitchen. We'll see what the others can offer. Kyle and I will be doing most of the tearout ourselves. That's cool. I can handle that and he definitely can. It is sooo exciting!

I'm bothered today. Gossip. It's a huge issue. I missed the sermon on Sunday at church, but it was on my heart regardless. We all hurt each other so much. I'll be the first to admit I gossip about my husband ... ie say things that would be hurtful to him. It is wrong, and I need to stop. It isn't a 'oh my what shall I do' issue. I just need to stop.

I had a lot of apologizing to do to Keenan and Kennedy today after school. They cried, both of them, most of the way to school today ... walking is too hard you see. A half a mile is what we walk. Each had 3 thin books and a folder in their backpacks. Well, those hurt their backs. Keenan walks with his shoulders all hunched over and drags his feet like he just .... can't .... go .... on ........... And Kennedy, she cried LOUD most of the way there this morning! By the time we were 3/4 of the way, I was about to lose my mind! I, then, started yelling ... which was wrong. But I was so upset. No excuse. I know that now. So, I sent my children into school in tears and sadness. I wouldn't walk them in. I told Kennedy that she had chosen not to obey me all the way to school. I was asking her to be quiet and realize she walks with her back pack HOME from school lots of times and is fine. And because she chose not to obey, I chose to stay outside when we got to school. That is yucky of me. I know it. I apologized. I wish they would be tougher, but maybe they're jsut not. I don't want to bully them either. It is tempting, but will that get me anywhere in helping them? No, tenderness and understanding will though. Man, parenting can be tough.

Kadi fell down this evening outside. She is all bruised up on her face ... her nose and the surrounding area are swollen and you can tell it's going to bruise pretty good. She was pulling the double stroller and got tangled up in it somehow ... pulling it, not pushing it. Boom, right in the kisser, so to speak. I feel so bad for her. She cried and cried, and bled and bled.

We also went to St. Louis Mills tonight with Lauren and the kids. We played at Nascar. Keenan shared his birthday tokens with everyone. I was very proud of him and everyone had a blast ... even Koel ... he got to ride the kiddie roller coaster ride/game thing. That was funny! AND with the tickets they all won, they all ate a bunch of candy! Woo-hoo!

Koel is hitting his terrible twos. He is really getting quite an angry little attititude when told no. He really tries to tell us off in his psuedo language of his. Sometimes it is cute, then I remind myself that it isn't. It is hard, but we're having to start really telling him no. AND getting him in trouble. That's no fun. He's just not a baby anymore.

Oh, update on Koel's list of words ... he said Cookie last night. So now we have ... Dada, Mom, Bubba, Didy (sissy), uh-oh, ball, butter, dirdy (thirsty), eat, kiss, hug, book, no, pee (please), deek (drink), .... maybe there are more ... hmmm .... nope, I'm blank right now. I know there are atleast two more. Point being, he is beginning to talk. Yeah!!! Of course, each and everyone can't be forced out ... he speaks when HE wants to. Little booger. He things he's real funny too!

Ah, bedtime ....

No comments: