Thursday, November 18, 2004

It's Kyle's Birthday. He doesn't like to make a big deal of it .... but I love birthdays ... so I'll share my excitement here. I think there is something fun about a birthday. It's YOUR day. Kyle would rather it just pass. He says he isn't a scrooge, but he's this way about most holidays. Why, I wonder? I don't get it? Why not find the fun in things? I wish he could loosen up on the scrooge thing and let himself enjoy stuff. He just doesn't/won't. Oh well ......

Thing is .... now I'm looking at the fact that if I want Christmas lights up on my house I have to do it myself. I did last year and my legs shook so much that they hurt for three days afterward. Ladders are scary. This year we don't have a ladder here at home. Ugh. So, maybe I'll just put my Christmas Tree smack in the window. I like festive! Really, what is wrong with just enjoying the fun of the season? Yes, I believe Christmas is commercialized. Yes, I realize that so many people don't really know the true meaning of Christmas. Does that mean I can't enjoy a few of the things that make my heart happy just about the whole season. I know full well what Christmas is all about! I'm not going to feel guilty. I'm even doing Christmas cards this year! I haven't done that in a while!

Time to get the kiddies ready for school ... I could spend all day blogging .... once I start writing I find that I really do have something to say!

No comments: