It is our last day of being without our Daddy.
Koel and I were just sitting here at the computer. I told him Daddy was coming home today. He said Da-Da ... so I thought it would be fun to open up the pictures on the computer and show him his daddy.
He saw Kyle's face and said "Da-Da" and just smiled so huge. Ahhh .... I continued to show him pictures of Kyle ... he just loved it. He giggled and pointed at Daddy, saying "Da-Da" as I changed pictures. Too sweet.
I also showed him pictures of his siblings ... when I put Keenan's face on, I said "Bubba" and Koel said "Buh-Buh". I"m so excited! Keenan isn't going to believe it! He'll be soooo happy that Koel can say Bubba!
It has been 17 days since Kyle left. 17 days. That's over half of a month. We've been so busy that honestly it has passed without too much notice of his absence ... except for the last 4 days. We've been home alone the children and I. His presence was notably missed. I talked to Kyle last night and he was checking into a hotel in El Paso so he could take a long swim and relax. He's so funny. I know he'd prefer a hot tub, but those hotels are much much more. So anyway ... 17 days. Long time. So much has happened since he left. I'm just going to show him pictures and let the kids tell him everything. Maybe he could read the Blog too. It's just soooo much! We've lived a whole month it seems since he's been gone!
Here is something very exciting!! My brother is taking a position at the Fellowship Bible Church in Topeka, Kansas! I'm going to be his closest relative, besides our cousin Frank!!! I so excited! 4 hours down highway 70 is all that will separate us! Road trip!!!! Amy loved it and so did David. What most impressed me when I was talking to Mom and David both was that Amy was interviewed too. This church understands the importance of the wife in the minister's role. I'm soooo pleased to know that. Too many churches don't take the wife into consideration in the interview process and problems ensue! I have known many who have not been a part of their husband's ministry at all ... and their marriages as well as working relationships at the church, fail. Sad. So ... Yeah! to the Fellowship Bible Church! I can't wait to go visit ... I n oticed on their website that they sing the same songs we do ... and with a mix of hymns! That is thrilling too. Trivial? Nope.
I'm writing this with Koel in my lap. Rather difficult, but possible.
I have to echo what Jenny said about Brandi's shower. It was fabulous! So much fun. I agree that I don't think any one person was bored at all! Good job Jennifer! You totally made Brandi feel so special and accomplished a huge party in her honor that was excellent! You're a great friend ... I love your relationship with Brandi! It is so endearing. What a blessing are life long friends!
Tyler came over yesterday ... he was asking me about my Bible! And he was telling me what he had been reading in his. He says he is reading in 2 Kings ... I said ... "Isn't the Bible bloody? Some of those kings you couldn't make movies about!" He grinned and said "Yeah!" People that say the Bible is boring have never read the Kings! I'm just so beyond happy that Scott and Tyler are learning about Christ ... more each day! It is so beautiful. Kyle is thrilled too! We are continuing to pray for growth in their relationships with Jesus and our relationships with them! And for Felicia. She's been hurt by the 'church'. She was baptized when she was young, but had some hurts as a teen. God give me wisdom and understanding in our friendship. Scott desperately wants to share you with her! Give him patience and wisdom as he waits for the right timing. Thank you that Felicia had opened up to me about the past, so I could give Scott that little bit of knowledge. He was so grateful to know it! Bless their relationship! You never cease to amaze me Lord! Never! This is all just sooooo cool!
It's time to start the day .................... We have color now!!! Yippee!!
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment