Monday, July 12, 2004

Kennedy's birthday was July 8th ... I must begin there.

In the morning I always give my kids a special hug when I first see them. But on their birthdays they get a large hug and a birthday song! Kennedy just loves that. She smiles as wide as her face.
She and I moved promptly to the kitchen and I informed her she was going to make pancakes. Oh was she excited! I even let her measure the flour, sugar, crack the eggs, put in the baking soda and milk. She did it all! Well, I did the vegetable oil and vanilla. Anyhoo, we pulled the bench up to the stove and I did the pouring of batter into the pan and the first flip of the pancakes. She did the second flip and placed them on the plate when she was done. She said "Mommy, this is just like doing it with Papa Bev". I knew I had done it right when she said that! I'm so happy that she was so happy.
And BTW ... the pancakes were Fantabulous!!!!

(oh ... I just had an incredible moment ... I had to write this so I'll remember to write about it later ....)

After pancakes, her Grandma Rose and Grandpa Woody had to get on the road to so see our cousin Titus on his birthday too. Kennedy opened her gift from them before they left. It was "A Snoodle's Tale" ... the newest Veggie Tale. It is fantastic! I love how they get a point across for kids and Adults too. I recommend everyone watch the Snoodle's tale.

Kennedy's Daddy called. I took of picture of her happy face while she talked to him. She chattered away with Daddy for a few minutes. How nice.

We watched A Snoodle's Tale, then I let Kennedy open the rest of her gifts ... from me and my parents .... She opened Barbie land ... from Grandpa David and Grandma Margie, she received the Grandma and Grandpa Barbies. She loves them and thought it was very appropriate that they came from her own grandparents! She is so funny! Then, from me was the Noelly, My Scene, Barbie ... and some 'cafe' style living room furniture for her Barbie house. She was so happy! She, Keenan and Kadi started playing immediately.

She informed me soon thereafter that she wanted to go get her ears pierced TODAY. I tried to explain that on Saturday we were going with Chris, Abbey and Jenny, and that they would be really sad if they didn't get to go ... but she said ever so sweetly, 'but today is my birthday'. Aunt Kimbra suggested the two girls and I go and she'd keep the boys. So that is what we did.

Kennedy, Kadi and I went to the Galleria. The girls were in awe of that mall. It was fun! And fortunately where I parked ... I say fortunately .. I think God led me to my parking spot ... we parked directly in front of the entrance to the mall in the parking garage ... on the same level as where we needed to be .. I had NO idea! So, we walk in and there is "The Icing" store where she needed to get her ears pierced. We went right in. Kennedy picked the 'diamond' looking Cubic Zirconia because she said they look like my diamonds. We got the gold studs. She was very brave! She squeezed my hand pretty good and only started to tear up when she saw the second ear piercing gun coming toward her. After she breathed in and out for a minute, she was done with pain and happy. Yeah!! Kadi is not so sure now if she wants to get her ears pierced. Funny.

We stepped out into the beautiful Galleria hall again .... and there before us was Bath N Body Works. Kennedy, Kadi and I were all very excited! I've taken them there twice before at NorthWest Plaza. They know what that store is all about ... and they are all about that store! So, in we went. Kennedy picked out an anti-bacterial no water cleaning gel .. Sweet Pea fragrance. We were all pleased.

Again, we stepped out into the Galleria's beautiful self ... and there before us was a rail overlooking the floor below. And there almost directly under us was the Build A Bear workshop! That's where we needed to be next! I really was in shock that it was so close! And then I noticed that Fuzio, the restaurant, was there also in the open area below us. That's where my friend Samantha works. So ... it was time for us to go downstairs! ... down the escalator!

Now, for most folks, this is not a problem. However, for Kennedy ... it is. Last year when her Uncle Kent was in the hospital, there was an issue with Kennedy getting left on an elevator. So these things that move really cause her a problem.

I did not see any stairs. Oh my. So, it had to be the escalator. Kennedy looked down and decided she would try it. Kadi, upon that decision went ahead and hopped on it. Kennedy and I were still standing there. I took her hand and told her to step when I did. She did. And all was well. She almost enjoyed it. Kadi ... when I noticed her next had turned around to face me ... going down on an escalator mind you ... and it really gave the lady behind me a fright "She's facing the wrong way!" she said. So I corrected my unfearful child to turn around. When we arrived at the bottom ... we walked to Build a Bear. And we saw Samantha at Fuzio ... so we all softly yelled her name and we waved. That was sweet.

Build a Bear was exciting! Kennedy had a hard time deciding what animal to pick. There are so many choices, but she settled on a brown bunny. She got to pick its sound, help stuff it, give it a heart, say a pledge to love it, give it an air bath, pick out her clothes, dress her and give her a name ... Kuddles. It was a hoot! Kadi and Kennedy were both in awe of the place. The ladies in there are all so nice and helpful. When they found out it was Kennedy's birthday they stood her up on the counter and had her ring a big bell ... then the entire store sang "Happy Birthday" to her. It was sooooo cool. She was a bit embarrased, but what a memory she'll have! I took lots of pictures!

After getting Kuddles birth certificate and her 'condo' box, we headed out and decided upon Fuzio for a special lunch for us three girls. We asked to be seated in Samantha's section .... it was so much fun! Samantha was thrilled that we had come over and she gave the girls extra special service. They both had buttered noodles ... it comes with garlic bread, fresh fruit and oreo cookies! My, what a meal for these girlies! I had an italian club sandwich ... Mmmmmm ..... We chatted with Samantha quit a bit. It was after 1:30, so her lunch crowd was gone ... The fellow beside us heard that it was Kennedy's birthday and gave her $2. Now that really excited her! And instead of a special birthday dessert, Samantha gave them extra Oreo cookies! Now that caused even more excitement!

After lunch, we went walking around a bit ... the girls wanted to. We came to another escalator. Kadi really wanted to go down it to the food court on the lowest level. It looked very exciting to her. Kennedy began to get hesitant. The escalator in reality was no longer than the one we had previously gone down, but she thought it looked longer because of the floor even lower than it. It was all open air. So, again, Kadi hopped on the escalator. I didn't know what to do. Kennedy wouldn't get on. She froze. Kadi was going down, down, down. So I hopped on and coaxed Kennedy to follow me. She wouldn't. Now I was freaking out. I couldn't let Kadi get to the bottom without me, she would disappear for sure! So there I was going down and watching Kennedy getting further and further away. She was near tears. What to do. What to do. A lady at the bottom told me she'd keep an eye on Kadi while I went to get Kennedy. That didn't sit well with me. About that time, some teenage boys arrived at the top of the escalator. They quickly surmised the situation and tried to help me coax Kennedy down. She wouldn't come. They tried like I did and got on the escalator while gently tugging at her hands. Nope. Nada. So when they arrived down wit Kadi, the kind lady, and myself ... one asked me "Do you want me to go get her?" I said "Would you?" .;... thinking he would go around to the other escalator ... nope he RAN up that down escalator! Funny! Kennedy was still frozen and now crying. I yelled up at him to just pick her up. So he did and brought her down. She was shaking and I held her. I was so grateful to that boy. We said Thank you and they went off ... I'm sure feeling like they'd done their good deed for the day. We walked slowly around that level of the galleria for a bit. While doing this, we ran into Samantha ... she had gone off to get her own lunch after we had left Fuzio. So, we walked the rest of the way back to Fuzio together.

We had another obstacle here. We had to go UP the escalator to get to the level where we parked. Kennedy decided she would be brave. Kadi hopped on and then Kennedy and I stepped on together holding hands.

We conquered the Galleria and the Escalator and getting her ears pierced!
It was a really fun time for me and my girls!

At home, we passed the time waiting for six o clock to arrive. That was 'party' time. Lauren, Kelsey, Justin, and Jenny came over. We had a great time! There was frozen pizza, at Kennedy's request. There was laughter, cake and presents! Now the cake was something special. I've recently discovered a great way to make cake. The Melted Ice Cream cake. You make it with a cake mix of your choosing, 2 cups of melted ice cream of your choosing and three eggs. You can make it ANY flavor! So, Kennedy wanted a Spumoni cake. AND OH was it good!!! We served it with the rest of the Spumoni ice cream. Fabulous! Kennedy loved it and that is what was most important!

After all of the fiesta, we all decided to load up and go to Target Greatland. Funtimes. There was lots of playing that went on there. Especially with Jenny along. Jenny and the kiddies love to hide from me while we shop, so ... that's what happened. Kennedy had a wonderful time! Kimbra and I walked around sometimes with Jenny, sometimes with Lauren ... really it was who we happened to run into while we walked. It was humorous.

I know Kennedy will have fabulous memories of her 7th birthday. Thank you to everyone who helped it be such a wonderful day! Thank you Lord for the blessings of Kennedy's Birthday!

No comments: