Saturday the 3rd ....
We took Kyle to the airport around 11:00. After arriving back home, we did some cleaning and laying around. Saturday evening, we went to Jenny's apartment. We took her a housewarming gift which was very fun to put together. Odds and Ends for her and Lisa. Candles, Koolaid, etc. Jenny, the kids and I headed off to Walmart on Jungerman. Such a nice Walmart. We were there FOREVER ... but a fun FOREVER! I love Walmart and I love picking out stuff for other people. So, that's what we did ...even a fish. After Walmart ... WENDY'S ... I love it ... probably my favorite fastfood place! Kadi was upset again that going to Wendy's did not mean Wendy Lankford's house. I need to remember to be a bit more clear for her.
Sunday the 4th ....
After church, the kids and I cleaned the house together. It was fun. Kennedy did the dishes herself. Keenan helped by picking up. Kadi likes to wipe things with spray cleaner. I dusted and vacuumed. We had a good time. I like days like that when it goes smoothly ... and Koel slept the entire time!
At 6:00 we loaded up in the Durango and headed to Specks for some fun. We had fabulous food and fellowship. The whole church was there, except the Varvils who were noticeably missing let me just say. For food, we hang out in the backyard. Played cards. Washers. Good times. THEN for the fireworks ... we all sat in the front yard for a front row seat to Florissant's firework display. It was fabulous ... and long. Koel cried at first, then just sat very still in my lap.
The Bishop kids were stinking hilarious! Ooo-ing, Ahh-ing and Screaming. THey loved it. I know Jamie was worried about Caleb, but he had a hoot! It was all so magical and amazing to them. It is fun to see it through the eyes of a child who finds it completely fascinating! We all enjoyed hearing their delight!
Ike and Kadi had a moment ... Kadi stood up to watch the fireworks for a moment. Mind you I'm sitting behind her, so basically what I see is her silouhette lit by fireworks in front of her. Ike stood up next to her ... and put his arm around her shoulders. Their heads immediately drew together. Ahh ... Wendy and I giggled ... What a romantic moment ... did it have to happen to 4 year olds???? ... Then, a few minutes later, I noticed Mr. Isaac Lankford's hand seemed to find a resting spot on my Kadi's hip ... rather possessive if you ask me ... I smacked Jamie Lankford on the leg and told him to keep an eye on his kid! Again, Wendy and I giggled. Too funny.
Monday the 5th ...
We loaded up and despite the storms, went to Pete's house. She and I made a slip cover for her couch. I had never done that before, but it turned out rather nice if I do say so myself. Pete was very excited. The kids played with Heather's dog Roz and with Heather ... bless her heart. She did very well having all of the kids around that she doesn't know very well.
When we were done, we came home and sat out the storms. Our electricity went out about 7:00 ish. I fortunately had candles, so I lit them all. It was an experience for the kids let me just say. I took a few pictures I'll add later. The sky outside was Yellow. Bizarre looking. The lightning and thunder lasted for hours. The wind was horrible and at time the rain was just in sheets. In a candle lit house ... Kyle should have been home ... very romantic if he had ... however, with me and the kids, we sat and quietly talked. It was very nice.
Woody, Rose, Kimbra and Khiana arrived after 10:00 p.m. Still not electricity and it was getting warm in the house. We all got sqared away though and went to bed in the heat and dark. About 1:30 a.m. the electricity cracked back on. Fabulous! I had to rush and turn off a few lights that I forget their switches were "on". Very nice to have the air back on at that point! Some peope around St. Louis are still out of electricity today ... it's Wednesday. On the news this morning, they said it might be tomorrow before the city is completely restored. Thank you Lord for ours coming on shortly after it went off. 6 hours just isn't that bad.
Tuesday the 6th ... Science Center. It was very fun. I tell you who was the funniest though .... Woody. He was like a kid himself. I think he tried nearly all of the experiments himself! So funny! We lazily walked around and let Keenan and Kennedy check out whatever they wanted. Kadi kindof floated around after them. I do believe the favorite item was of course the Dinosaurs. Large dinosaurs. They really got a kick out of that. We went over the bridge on the highway too. There are windows in the floor so you can watch the traffic go underneath you. Keenan and Kennedy both looked very hesitantly over ... Kadi looked, saw what it was and stepped right on the window! I knew she would! SOOO funny! That's my little brave girl!
We lasted at the Science center for about 3 hours. Plently of time. Then ... to McDonalds we went! The new happy meals are wonderful! They had a mixture of chicken nuggets, apples, fries, soda, chocolate milk ... everyone's was a bit different! I was glad. AFter eating ... to the play yard. Grandpa sat outside with them while us ladies sat inside. We too went out after a bit ... but it was so humid. The children all had a wonderful time. Khiana and Koel had a blast with the little playhouse. They laughed and chased each other. It was so fun to watch.
Our evening was calm. Pizza and rest. Keenan and I though went to see Karen Wasoba. She talked to him for around 30 minutes. It was good. She asked him for his help to know how to best help Mommy and Daddy to get along better. He had a couple of ideas. He is very insightful. It was hard to hear what my 8 year old knows about what happens in our disagreements. I told Keenan on our way home that any time he feels sad and doesn't want to talk to me or Kyle about it, to just let me know and he can talk to Karen. She made sure and let him know that's what she does ... helps people who are sad and mad and don't know what to do. He responded very well to that. He really liked her. She had him laughing harder than I've seen him laugh in a while. It was refreshing. I'm not trying to get my son in 'therapy' here, I just want to keep my sensitive son 'okay'. I know it is rough on him around here sometimes. He told Karen it makes him mad when Kyle and I argue. How easy is it for us adults to disregard what our kids hear and digest. So, anyway, now he knows he can talk to someone if he needs to and Karen had another window into our home.
My homework assignment this week is to ask questions. #1: What are characteristics of mine that you notice? And oops I've forgotten the next one ... gotta think on it ...
Keenan's assignment was ... BE A KID! No problem there! :)
Today ... we are headed to the ZOO ... and it is going to be 81 degrees, sunny skies and low humidity! GORGEOUS! I can't wait! They are apparently moving 4 gorillas today ... maybe we'll get to see that.
I'll let you know ..............
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment