Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Swimming at Jenny's was fabulous yesterday!  Keenan is getting so brave in the water.   With his life jacket on ... he went way out in the deep end.   He was so happy!   And Kennedy ... she's becoming more of a fish ... she is still fearful, but it is beginning to subside.  Kadi, the daredevil, likes to pretend that she is afraid like her sister ... but I know she isn't.  She paddles around in her ring.  Jenny and she had a little one on one lesson ... it won't take Kadi long to swim once she decides she is going to do it.   And Mr. Koel Thomas ... he had a blast in the pool.  He does not like cold water I've decided.  When his body was used to it, he had a great time!  He laughed and laughed.  His favorite thing is splashing of course.  Thank you to Jenny for having us over!!!   And mmmm ... we make good spahgetti!  Yummy!

After swimming, we came home and washed the Durango.  First we cleaned it all out.  Then, we got a bucket of soap and some rags and all got wet again!  Funny ... except somehow Kadi broke the nozzle on the hose.   I can't even ask how ... she doesn't know.   After the Durango was cleaned, the kids headed right over to Daddy's Ford F250 .... "Let's wash Daddy's truck!"   Oh Yuck thinks me ... but we did.  Keenan and Kennedy got up on top and washed, Kadi and I tackled the lower parts.  I can't say it looks good, but it looks better.  We had fun!

It was time then to get ready for my Karen appointment .. and more importantly picking Daddy up from the airport at 8:29!   We were all very excited!   {Side note:  I realized how excited I was when we were at Jenny's ... and my phone rang ... it was Kyle.  I asked him if 8:30 was right for picking him up ... He said then ... "I'm home already!"  My heart skipped a beat!   "You're what?" asks me ... then he says Just kidding.   He was still in El Paso.   Terd.  But I realized how excited I was .....}  So, we got some McDonalds and headed off for Crossroads, where Karen meets on Tuesdays now.

Our meeting was good.  Koel sat in with us the whole time.  He's so cute.  I like that she has met all of our children.   I told her we were going to pick up Kyle after talking to her.   We had a good talk.  It was nice, encouraging and informative.    I really appreciate how she can put t hings into perspective and help me to feel capable.    At 8:00, we were chatting with the kids and my phone rang ... I didn't figure it would be Kyle.    The caller I.D. said it was from Home.   "Hello?"  It was Kyle!!!!  He had gotten an earlier flight ... so we left Crossroads ASAP .... and headed home.

It was so fun to watch the kids greet their Daddy!  They were all so excited and each had 50 things to tell him.  I think his head was spinning a bit.   We had to turn around and head back to the airport, because he had caught an earlier flight, but not his baggage.   Being in the car was fun, I had him to myself up front.  We held hands much of the drive and chattered ... well I did.  He was staring at me a couple of times.  It made me feel all warm and fuzzy.  I'd get a grin from him when I turned to look at him too.  I love that!

At home again, it was the same ... children clamouring all over their father.  He had had two barrettes made in Mexico for the girls.  Each has their name on it.  Koel got a T-shirt.  Keenan got a HAMMOCK!  Their going to hang it in his room Kyle says.   And I got a bottle of pure Mexican Vanilla!  Fabulous!

Okay now ... the most fun part of this entire evening with the children and Kyle ... from the moment Koel saw his Daddy to the moment he fell asleep ... he did not stop laughing!  He laughed and laughed.  He said Da-Da repeatedly.   He clung to his Daddy and laughed and laughed.  It was awesome!   I know Kyle had all kinds of warm fuzzies from that!  Seriously, for  1 1/2 hours Koel laughed.  He was so happy to have his Da-Da!  It was truly awesome!  What a welcome home for Kyle.

AND ... I didn't have to sleep alone ... we'll just leave it at that!  (this is where a smiley face goes).

No comments: