Kennedy has informed me she can't be nice.
She also said she can't get Satan out of her, it's too hard.
She has had a rough rough week.
For going on two weeks she has been snipppy and sassy to me and rude to her sister. I've addressed it each time, but I just seem to end up losing my cool. Today has been extra rough. She was rude in the car before school. And before we left for school she was huffy about getting ready. After school she immediately was huffy about doing her homework. I then said she couldn't watch TV. Then she made a crack remark about that. So, I sent her to her room to pick up some hangers. She THREW them all over her bed. So, I said she had to stay in there and pick them up nicely. She made a remark then about not caring if she had to stay in her room. Ay-yi-yi.
The evening just progressed. I talked to her about being kind. To no avail. She was allowed to eat dinner with the family. After dinner there was a problem with the computer ... she decided she was done on it, she left the room, so I shut it down. SHe came back a few minutes later and had a cow that it was off.
"I SAID I changed my mind" she said to me. I said I didn't hear that ... (she didn't say it). She made a very sassy remark then, and was promptly sent to her room ... AGAIN. Crying and Screaming ... as if she were being stabbed. So, I said I was getting the spoon. I did.
I discussed with her before a spanking why it was happening and how she was being rude. She says to me, I wish there were no spankings. I told her so do I. I told her I am sad when she is like this. We talked about how God is sad when we do wrong. Yet there are consequences for our actions. I told her this was her consequence. I spanked her. She cried. I held her. She calmed down. All was fine for about 30 minutes.
About 8:00, I turned off the TV ... I was watching American Idol then.
We have been trying to read Bible Stories, Sing and Pray .... so tonight in the middle of the story, Kennedy got up and ran in the other room. I called her back and she didn't respond. I called her again and she came out trying to change her clothes. I said "What are you doing". Well, she wanted her pajamas on. I said, No you can wait until we are done. If you can get up and run around, then so can I. And If I do, then there's no special time. Well she huffed and puffed. Pouted and held her PJs like they were her last friends on earth. So, I told her she couldn't sing with us in that mood. So, Keenan and Kadi and I sang some songs while Kennedy crouched in the corner by the couch. I noticed her slipping the PJ over her head. I then promptly sent her to her room. She was shocked that I had caught her.
I am baffled right now. I want my sweet little girl to remain. This sassy girl is not my Kennedy. Oh, Lord ... help me know how to stop this spirit of rebellion now! We can't have this. On so many levels, it is wrong for her.
She just sassed me again ......... she yelled to see if she could go to the bathroom. I said Yes. Apparently she didn't hear me ... so as she finally passed by my door, she just HAD to say ... "I've been YELLING and YELLING" in a very haughty tone.
Lord, please grab my little girl's heart and teach her to love YOU and others. I pray for our relationship as mother and daughter .... may we grow to be friends as she grows older.
I'm pooped. Motherhood is so hard some days.
Here's a lighter moment ... maybe it's lighter ... I'm still debating it ...
Kadi has this very nasty habit of not closing the toilet or flushing either. Well, again today she left the lid open and the pee in the pot. The bathroom door she also left open. I think Koel must have an open toilet radar. I found him playing in yellow liquid ... yep. Sure did. He promptly was washed with Dove soap.
I shudder to think about what really was involved there. Ugh. Yuck.
Atleast he was happy! Maybe he thought it was pretty.
You never can tell with babies.
Today was the 9th anniversary of Kyle and I getting engaged. I can't believe it! 9 years ago!! WOW!
Wednesday, February 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment