Monday, February 02, 2004

On the way to the Bishop's Superbowl party, Keenan told me he was going to make sure and spend some time with Kris (Bishop) ... you know because of what good friends they used to be. I said "That would be great!".

Kris informed me about halfway through the evening that Keenan had been periodically coming and sitting by him on the couch. One time imparticular, he reported Keenan to have made this statement...

"I like food, it helps take your mind off of things".

He,he!

He is so funny! And profound! It really tickled Kris. Just out of nowhere, here came this funny from Keenan! Now, however, I have to wonder where he learned that and consider if I teach him that's a BAD philosophy! Again ... he,he.

I really had a fun time last night. Being with the Martins, the Steeles, the Frys, the Bishops, ... it is just RIGHT! The comfort level astounds me. I cried a bit about it after I got home. It was nice to have Wendy there and Pete also. My two worlds colliding. How bizarre, yet good.

And it turns out .... the new couple at New Heights ... Cort and Laura .... she and Pete know each other from Church camp ...fairly well it seems! What a small great world we live in! Her dad preached in Bowen, Ill. before Jami's dad! Wow!

It was nice to introduce Wendy and Pete to Brandi. They've met everyone else ... now the cirlce is complete.

I just like them all so much.

There's my big statement for today. ... And it's only 7:05! Why am I up???? Because Koel has been waking up at 6:00 a.m. the last couple of days, and my body expected it again today ... and yep ... he did NOT wake up at 6:00 a.m. So, I laid there for a long time and decided WHY NOT get up. Then I remembered everything I need to do today .... then I really knew it was time to get up!

Kyle is out working already. He is salting. Fortunately, rain is coming. Today. Then Snow again. I'm happy and sad. Happy for the work for Kyle, but sad because ... it is just so cold. Today might reach 40!!! That sounds marvelous!

What was up with the Superbowl's Half-time show? Could I possibly have enjoyed it any LESS??

One of the funnier things for me last night came when Jamie Bishop looked at me and said ... Dacia, someone just yelled "Dacia It Was Tim" across the house. She says ... I have no idea what that means ... but that's what I heard .... So naturally I had to go investigate .... It was Pete. Apparently I had missed a Tim McGraw commercial in all my yapping! I missed seeing Tim McGraw!!! Unbelievable! Yes, I think he is rather nice. I have a bumper sticker in my bedroom that says "Tim McGraw for President" you know!
Funny.

I also watched Toby Keith's Superbowl Party Concert on Saturday Night ... amusing. It was Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, Steven Tyler, Sammy Hagar, Joe Perry, and a Rum DMC guy all on stage together. I still can't get over that combo. Strange, but somehow it worked. Wierd. Now that's the kind of thing they should try to pull off at the Superbowl! A little something for everyone! How smart is Toby Keith now that I think about it! Whoever put together the HalfTime for the Superbowl was not very smart! Come on ... Janet Jackson, Kid Rock, PDiddy, Justin Timberlake, Nelly, .... all cavorting around simulating "acts" on the stage ... not appropriate for living rooms full of children!

And finally ...

Kennedy has decided that Keenan needs to wait to get baptized. You can't get baptized when it is cold. I didn't know that. Apparently you can't. She was very sure of that! :)

I reminded her of course that there are indoor places.

Kadi had normal events happen to her yesterday. Nothing out of the ordinary other than her outfit for church. .... White Turtleneck, Bright Pink Cordorouy Jumper (comes above the knee) and flare leg Jeans, finished off by black boots. She just had to wear her dress and jeans together! I had mixed remarks concerning the outfit ... but you know what ... she was happy! That's what matters!

I really don't want to yell at my kids today. I need to begin to take this a day at a time. Purposefully. They are such neat people. I don't want to be the reason they develop issues.

I said "finally" about 20 lines ago didn't I ?? Ha!

It is 7:22 ... gotta get the kiddies up for school ..............

No comments: