Thursday, June 10, 2004

Death is a thief.

I just found out from my friend Jackie that her dad is dying. My heart aches for her. It is an expected outcome, but still hard, so hard. She asked for prayer for peace for her dad. I'm asking prayer for her peace too. She realizes it is time to let him go, but how to ... that is the question.

Jackie is one of those 'friends for life' of mine. I have a few of those and I know I am a very fortunate girl! Jackie and I lived on the same street in McAlester, Oklahoma for 6 years atleast. We rode bikes and played hard. That is a bonded friendship that will endure. I love her. I hate to hear that she is hurting. She lives in California ... in the Napa Valley area. We haven't seen each other in 8 years. Keenan was a baby I believe ... maybe he wasn't born yet ... it was either right before or right after when she moved from New England to California. She is my "Jax". My keychain is a gift from her. It is the only keychain I've ever had. It is a hand doing the "I love You" sign. It is very special to me. You know what makes me happy ??? Jackie loves Jesus! She and I have eternity to look forward to to spend together! THAT IS AWESOME! Thank you Lord! And please bless my friend and her family in this oh so trying time!

Childhood friendships are so special. These are also some people who should be aware that I have bribery photos of each from childhood!!!!!

Rhesa Michelle Crosby Storms
Lana Michelle Sanders Williams
Jackie Rae Collier James Reese
Kiley Michele Pahdoco Taft
Gretchen Elise Hinkle Davis
Kristen Sprague Efurd

No comments: