Okay, so I didn't go to the Strawberry Festival. I called Lauren at 7:45, woke her up and she sounded like this ... "Whaddyou want?" ... He,he ... I found out the Strawberry Festival plans were later than I thought, so the kids and I went Garage Sale-ing with Pete. Hilarious!
This one house ... lots of stuff. We stopped because there was a couch. It was infact not so nice. One of the ladies told us there was more inside ... She wasn't kidding! The living room, the kitchen, and two bedrooms .... ONLY GARAGE SALE STUFF! CRAZY! I did make one GRANd find there! An Oster Blender for $2.00. Made sure it worked! Yippee! My big ol' find of the day. They had sooooo much! Too much. Jami and I were overwhelmed! So we quickly left after the blender. Keep in mind people ... too much can be just as bad as too little when it comes to garage sales!
Here is my list of purchases for the morning:
Oster Classic Blender .... $2.00
5 Navy Cafeteria trays like new ... $1.00 ... perfect for eating outside!
Tupperware Old Popcicle Sets ... $ .75 total
Rubbermaid Insulated Lunch Box (like new) for Kyle .... $2.00
3 Pairs of Electrician Gloves for Kyle ... great for using when he's doing Tree work!!! They were a total of $3.00!!!
Like new Cookie Sheet ... Teflon ... $ .50.
Baby girl ruffle butt panty for babies ... like new ... for Brandi ... $ .10!!!!
5 kids books for a total of $ .50.
3 Shelf organizer/bins stand for Keenan ... $2.00
Lawn Chair/Recliner .... $1.00
Soup Thermos for Kyle for winter ... $ .50 (like new)
Keenan got a Transformer Semi-Truck for ... $1.00
Kennedy got a rainbow slinky for ... $ .10.
We did fabulous!!!!
Pete found a tool set/flashlight New in the Box for $5.00.
AND a Metal Shelf unit for her laundry room ... for $4.00 NEw in the BOX!
At another sale she found ... a $10 Garden Ridge lamp for $1.50! AND ... her find of the morning ... an upholstered desk chair for ..... drum roll .... $1.00!!!
Boom!
We had a fabulous time!
Now imagine ... my Durango with Pete, Myself, my four children and all of the stuff minus the chair in it! Even more fun!!!! Pete went back for the chair later.
OH ... and when we got home there was a funny smell in the house ... so I took the trash out ... forgetting my keys were still in my hand. I felt them fly out as I put the trash in the toter ... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! So, yep ... Pete and I dug in the trash. We ended up turning it on its side and I had to crawl in and get them ... they were on the very bottom!!!! Naturally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEN ... I went to Shop N Save and filled up my deep freeze for $200!!! I'm very excited!!!!! That's like a month's worth of meals out there!!!! Fabulous!
Now I'm pooped. I originally just now wrote Poopled ... He,he ... Had to make note of that! IF you can't laugh at yourself ...
AND ... I bought PEE WEE's BIG ADVENTURE at Shop-N-Save. I'm going to watch it with Keenan tonight! He!!! Good times!
Saturday, June 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment