Saturday, June 05, 2004

Okay, so I have some real concerns about Koel.

1) He won't say Mom, Momma, or Dadda.
2) He now has taken to shaking his head and somewhat saying No ... ALOT!
3) He must have selective hearing ... 3/4 of the time he doesn't 'hear' me.
4) Does he really just not hear me or does he not HEAR me?
5) When you want him to say 'please' he just sits down and cries.

I will be taking him on June 17 to get his hearing checked. I did not want to take Paige, Zaine, Keenan and Kennedy with me and have them sit in the waiting room at the hospital by themselves. They can't go in with me. AND I don't think it is fair to Lauren to watch ALL of those kids ... mine ... okay. So, on June 17, Lauren will keep just my kids and I will take Koel. That seems like an eternity away.

AH .....

This morning we are going to the Strawberry Festival. I'm very excited. I've never been before. It's 7:30 and I'm already up and ready to go. LIke a kid. I also am going to register Keenan, Kennedy, Kadi and Koel for the Summer Reading Program at the Library. Koel can even be in it! I just have to log the time I read to him and to Kadi! So cute!

I was in agony yesterday .... I checked out some novels from the library. So I read one on Thursday evening. It was good ... a bit too much detail me thinks. Then I picked up another one around 3:00 ish yesterday evening. Started out good....Victorian era, set in Cornwall. I thought ... Ah, right up my alley .... The story flowed very nicely. Except as I got closer and closer to the end .... the author was just not wrapping up the story lines. Then I reached the final page ... NOTHING WAS RESOLVED! NOTHING! AND, there's no mention of it being a book that is part of a SAGA or anything! Agony! Sheer Agony! What happens to Sprat and Denzil ??? Nice names I know. But I must know! BTW ... Sprat is better than Wilhemina which is her real name.
I finished that novel sometime after 6:00.

I started another around 7:00. A Mail Order Bride Christian Fiction Novel. I should know better. Why is Christian Fiction so often SOOOO cheesy? It's just not real life! The characters are SOOO not believable ... especially the men! I've never come across such a caring lot! Maybe I just know all the wrong people.

I actually check out three of these Mail Order Bride Books ... I just read so fast, that I don't want to keep going to the library ... so I got a bunch of books. Jami picked up one too. Hers is cheesy too. I said mine is Parmesan and hers is Mozzarella.

So, I finished it around 11:30. It was pleasing. And oh that there really were men out there like Dr. Quint Roberts!!!!!!! Tall, Handsome, A Doctor, Whose every WORD centers on Christ. Always sensitive, kind, putting everyone else before himself. If he were ONLY real!!!

He,he ...

No comments: