More ...
Kyle leaves on Saturday for 17 days. I'm foggy about how I feel about it. His parents are coming to spend 3 days with us on the 5th. They'll leave on Kennedy's birthday to make it to Ohio to spend Titus's birthday with him too (the 9th). And on the 9th, my mom is coming to stay until the 16th. Both of these visits are exciting. I am really looking forward to having the company. But Kyle being gone for 17 days! 17. Most days I would tell you I'm fine with him going away ... he,he. But today it seems too long. I don't understand.
I need to come up with fun ideas of things to do with all the upcoming company. I need to get my ducks in a row with the business so that I can effectively do my job while the 'boss' is away. I need to find my children and myself something to do on the 4th of July ... we'll be all alone ... all 5 of us! 5! Still that amazes me!
I'm glad Kyle is excited about Mexico. Why aren't I? He is chomping to get down there. Me? Just glad I've got reinforcements to help while he's gone ... course I do most everything for the children even when he's home ... So maybe it'll be Playtime in July around here actually!
My emotions are so complex tonight.
I watched 50 First Dates the other day. Good movie. Good movie. Kyle and I think that Adam Sandler and his buddies, like Rob Schneider, must have a hoot on the weekends hanging out and talking about screenplay ideas. Too funny.
You know what I miss?
Brandi and Christian, Jeff (and now Abbey), Kris and Jamie, Andy, Jenny, Jason and Lauren ... all in the same room. And now if we could all be together there are new faces ... that is only Bonus to my 'happy' thoughts of what a fun night could be ... Eric and Chris, Cort and Laura, Joe, ..... my heart is heavy. Why am I so emotional?
Here, for an upswing ... a few favorites ...
1. Smell .... Kyle's skin ... not when it's sweaty, just normal. Nice.
2. Episode of TV ... Vitameatavegamin ... from I Love Lucy!
3. Word ... "Mom!" from Koel's lips right now.
4. Rich Mullins Tune ... Sing Your Praise to The Lord
5. Craft ... Making up my own patterns/ideas when sewing. AND Crocheting.
6. Most ideal night spent this week thus far (yes, it's only Monday) ... last night ... all the children were asleep. Kyle was asleep. I turned on the Christian radio station via TV/Satellite and crocheted. Alone. In the living room on my new rug. I sang "Via Dolorosa" outloud and cried! Fabulous!
7. Childhood Singer ... Amy Grant of course. Then Sandi Patty. Then Carman. Then MWS
8. Little known fact ... I still sleep in the same bed I did growing up. Yep.
9. Fabric ... Twall.
10. Designer on Trading Spaces ... Edward.
Now, that's an upswing ... my thoughts are all pretty ....
G'Night ....
Monday, June 28, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment