Thursday, April 29, 2004

Can it really be the end of April?

Here are a few highlights of the recent past ....

*I arrived home from taking the kids to school this morning and the phone rang. It was Kennedy. She needed a picture today for art class and had forgotten...could I please bring her the one of her as a baby with the sticky-up hair?? So funny! I came across the one from Kris and Jamie's wedding where Kennedy is in Kris' lap and she is holding out a flower for Jamie to smell. Jamie's nephew is standing by looking on ... probably the best picture ever ... she wanted that one! So, Jamie ... you're in an art project today!

*Did I mention Kyle fell 10 ft out of a tree last week? He's okay. I'm okay. We're all okay.

*I planted Aquilegia Columbine, Gaillardia Fanfare, Lilium (2 kinds), Lavender, Evening Primrose Missouriensis ... in my front flower bed .... thus adding to my Mums, Ivy, and Lamb's Ears. I'm sooo excited ... now I just need a Weeping Cherry Tree .....

*I'm taking Tetracycline for my Rosacea now. Kennedy told me she didn't know what I'd look like without a red face. I'm so ready to look normal. It's at a point now where makeup really doesn't cover it up. So, the big medicines come out.

*I took Lauren to Sugar Creek Nursery to pick out a plant for her birthday. It was sooooo much fun. And it made her so happy. It is nice to give a gift that is soooo welcome.

*Keenan has been off the last few days. By off, I mean, quick-tempered. He has balked at things I want to do. Like this morning, I fixed eggs, biscuits, pancakes and bacon. He immediately started pouting as soon as he came i the kitchen. He left the room and I heard him tell Kyle he just wanted cereal. Why didn't he say so to me? I fixed the good breakfast for myself basically ... so the tetracycline wouldn't make me sicky feeling. Yesterday it did after I only ate Froot Loops. So, he had cereal and I had my good breakfast. Good grief. He's so drama, drama, drama. But still a good kid.

*Koel still won't talk. I told him this morning that he had to start talking to me or the doctor's were going to do tests on him ... he said "uh-uh". You know like the "no" kind of uh-uh.

*Justin Steele is the hungriest kid on the planet! He eats constantly. Must be a huge metabolism!!!!

Alright ... gotta referee Kadi and Justin ... they are having a difficult time playing together today. I don't understand that either. Kadi is really off today. And Justin is in rare tattling form today. Now Kadi is telling Justin to not leave the room "No, don't go".... Justin says "Why?" She says "Cause we are bestest friends". Could've fooled me!!!!!!!! Kadi can't leave the room, she's in time out in my room with me.

Koel has about figured out how to open the gate! Ay-yi-yi!!! What a smartie-pants! Why won't he talk????????

No comments: