Koel was scheduled for a doctor's appointment this morning at 10:00. No sweat. I asked Lauren to keep Kadi for me. No problem. At 9:25, Kadi tells me that Angel is out ... Marty and Karen's little terrier dog. So I go outside ... Marty and Karen not being home. I chased her up MarMary a ways, then she ran the opposite direction down MarMary. I chased her to the corner, and she disappeared. I ran back, grabbed Kadi and Koel and jumped into the car. We went looking for Angel. She was up on St. Katherine, which is the street behind us. I tried to corner her there, with the help of two kind gentlemen who were working on a house. None of us could catch her and she ran back down St. Katherine. I tried to call Kyle. No answer. Hopped in the car again, and took off down St. Joachim after the stupid dog. She ran into a big dog on a chain and he had her basically frozen. I thought I had her. I got two feet from her and she ran. This time back up St. Joachim and down the opposite direction of St. Katherine. I hopped in the car again and took off after her. Finally I got a hold of Kyle. By this time I was near tears. Marty told him to tell me just to let her go. So, reluctantly, I did.
I drove to Lauren's to drop off Kadi, who was screaming that she didn't want to go there. I said Tough Noogies. I dropped her off and headed to Koel's doctor appointment. He had to get 5 shots today. Isn't that awful. BTW ... he turned 18 months old today!
I have to take him back in a month. He has fluid in both ears. AND his vocabulary is lacking. So, Dr. Finn wants to check his ears again and do a hearing test. Kyle and I are both concerned. Hopefully in the next month his vocabulary will pick up.
After leaving there, I went through the drive thru at Taco bell and tried the new crunchy cheesy gordita. I wouldn't recommend it.
Then Koel and I came home and I worked a bit in the office. We then took off for my doctor's appointment ALL the way out in St. Peters. Yep ... I drove all that way.
On the way there, I made a phone call to Lauren to check up on Kadi. I said "How is she", expecting a "just fine" in return.
I didn't get a "Just fine". I got a "well ....."
"Uh-oh" says me.
"What did she do?" I ask.
Lauren said maybe Kadi should tell me. So I gathered from Kadi that there was paint involved. I told her to put Lauren back on the phone.
Apparently, Kadi decided to play in the paint. Lauren is painting their front door red ... very nice by the way ... Kadi asked if she could help. Lauren said No, and please don't touch the paint. Well, something happened outside and Lauren went to check it out. She came back in to find ...
Red paint on her fireplace.
Red paint on her living room carpet.
Red paint all over the bathroom door, the sink, etc ....
Red paint all over Kadi.
Needlesstosay, Kadi was in a world of trouble. I am fine with Lauren's discipline of her. She couldn't tell Lauren why she did it though.
I was furious. I called Kyle. He wasn't happy either. We both want these behavior 'things' to stop. Kadi says she can't stop. She has to be bad she says.
I went to pick her up. I made her sit by me and tell me why she did it. Apparently, she was holding a little plastic slinky. "Somehow" it slipped into the paint can. So, she went in after it. Then tried to hide her tracks .... by ...
Hiding the red painted slinky under the recliner chair ... which we only discovered AFTER I was there.
Touching the fireplace and the living room carpet .... not to mention the carpet under the recliner, which was dry by the time we found out about that!
Going to the bathroom to wash her hands, touching everything in sight.
Ruining one of Lauren's best towels.
I feel so numb about her right now. I love her sooo much, but I have no energy to discipline her anymore. Nothing works. She just makes me sad. My heart is so heavy.
OH, and Angel found her way home somehow. Sidenote. I'm half glad, half not. I won't chase her again ... let me tell you!
I start taking Welbutrin in the morning. Dr. Adams thinks that will help me. I hope so.
Felicia and I tagged all of our garage sale stuff tonight. It took 3 hours. Not bad. It was fun. I like her so much. She wants to be up by 6 and setting stuff out! Oh My!
Pray for Kadi if you read this. Pray for me. Pray for Kyle. For wisdom and obedience.
I am praying too that Lauren can continue to love my little girl. She makes it so hard sometimes, Kadi does. I know it. I am horrified by what she did today. I have apologized profusely. Lauren says she is fine. She told Kadi that she loves her and has forgiven her.
I just hate it that my child could do this.
It has been a day. A very busy day.
I'm very tired. I am going to sleep now.
Friday, April 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment