Can tomorrow really be June 1st? It seems unreal.
Today has been crazy fun. Yesterday was too. Danielle Speck was baptized after church yesterday ... we all headed over to New Covenant church for that ... then to Lankfords for Pizza with Danielle, her choice of food. Then to Specks before the storm hit for icecream Sundaes! We all sat glued to the TV weather reports while we ate our ice cream and the children played downstairs. We were all fine, but just a few block away a what seems to have been a tornado took part of the roof off the Viacom building and a part of a roof off of an apartment building, and knocked a tree over onto a moving SUV killing the driver. I saw the Viacom building today. Wierd stuff. Debris everywhere! We've had storms like this just about every night for nearly a week. Crazy weather. But the evening for us as a church family was very fun. We enjoyed being together during the storm.
Today was Memorial Day ... I started it off right by going to the Annual Memorial Day sale at Unique Thrift Store with Wendy. We had a blast! This year we didn't get there early to stand in line ... I took my stroller in as my cart. Found Kyle some really nice shirts and jeans. It's what I went for! Yeah!
Then, it was BBQ at the Lankfords. We were there from 2 to 8:00. In the backyard. The kids jumped and jumped on the trampoline. We all played cards and ate. Kyle, Jamie L., and I taught Darla to play Spades. THAT WAS HILARIOUS! I"m so glad we weren't playing by sandbag rules! She and I would have been in SO much trouble! What fun though! Greg played for Jamie for a while. I must say I rather enjoy playing with someone who likes to go Nil as much as I do ... and likes to try to set the person going nil. That was great!!!!
We had the Crossroads Marathon of Fun this weekend ... and we're topping it off by being in ANOTHER severe weather alert. It should be over about right now. Was to be over at 9:00.
Poor Koel is tuckered out and is FILTHY ... ah ... tomorrow he can bathe ...
Goodnight to May 2004. Thanks for a great time May ... it's been real!
Monday, May 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment