Thursday, May 13, 2004

Lauren took Kadi to play at her house today so I could work uninterupted ... HOWEVER ... she promptly brought her back about 45 minutes later. Apparently Kadi and Kelsey could not get along ... so Lauren left Kelsey at home, brought Kadi home to me and then she took Justin somewhere special .... I thought that appropriate. Both girls were sad. And that was the point. Good job Lauren!

Kadi soon fell asleep in my lap while I was talking to Chrissy today. I had been sitting indian style on the couch ... She crawled under and through my right leg and laid her head on my left leg. So ... I had my right leg over her. Yep, she fell asleep ... and there I was ... stuck. So, I waited until she was really passed out and then inched her off of my lap. I am a contortionist. Actually, it is those Pilates that Lauren makes me do. I'm sure it must have been a FUNNY sight! I wanted to laugh outloud at myself ... but I didn't ... I didn't want to wake her up!!!!

We watched Kee-Wee the Frog eat his mealworms today. That was fun. He's quick. One was hanging out of his mouth ... I guess he had to digest most of it before he could get the rest down ... oooooo ....I hope I don't lose my dinner .....

New subject!!!

Kennedy decorated a flower pot at school with ink and fingerprints. She brought it home today with a begonia in it. How sweet. She was so pleased. Me too.

Keenan and I played with Koelly after school. It was great. We played tickling and with the Sit-N-Spin. The three of us laughed and laughed. Kennedy and Kadi joined in the fun too eventually. I still can't get Koel to talk, but he sure is sharp as a tack! He is funny to watch while he's trying to keep up with his siblings.

Kyle was what I consider 'late' coming home again this evening ... past 6:00. So, the kids and I, after we had of course had our dinner as we do most evenings before Daddy arrives home, loaded up in the car and headed to Big Lots .... I knew Kyle would be home soon ... so I thought we'd show him what's its like to not know where your family is ... or as in my case ... my husband. He called sure enough. I laughed outloud when he said "Where's my family???" I said "Big Lots". He said "I would like to have gone to Big Lots". I told him to jump in his truck and come, but that I wasn't leaving the store to come and pick him up and take him back there. He didn't want to drive he said. Bah! He tried to convince me to come get him. I told him No. I told him that I had four children with me ... and Kadi was making it seem like I had five. So ... no way ... not at all. He,he. We did go get him after we were done and take him with us to get icecream cones. That was nice. I can't deprive my children of his company the whole evening.

OH ... another funny about the trip to Big Lots ... I let the kids each pick out one thing under $3.00. Keenan got a fuzzy black notebook. Kennedy picked a pink carrying case she can use for papers and such. Kadi picked a Barbie dry erase board ... purple of course. For Koelly we picked out a plastic lawn chair ... just his size. He is thrilled. I found a summer top for $2.00 ... %75 off!! Woo-hoo! And I got my next photo album for When Kyle Met Dacia volumne 13. Sheesh! So ....... we get home after McDonalds (Icecream) and the kids are showing Daddy what they got ... He, naturally, says "Did you get me anything?" I said ... "Sure did ... I got you a tacky shoe brush to keep on the front porch". (It looks like a porcupine). He actually liked the idea! And liked the tacky creature! It now resides on the porch. I do think it is a good idea to have ... Kyle's shoes are always dirty or muddy .... so it's a great way for him to clean them before he comes in. BUT ... I didn't want HIM to like it soo much! {Jenny ... really ... I would go hoosier before Kyle???? Come on!!} Fabulous evening ... all in all.

And now ... tis nearing 11:00 p.m. and I must sleep ..... not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse ... except me and my typing fingers .... so, off will go the TV in the living room, where Kyle is asleep. Off will go the kitchen light and the hall light. Then ... off will go my light as I snuggle deep in my bed .... mmmmmmm.

No comments: