Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I think my favorite country singer of all time is Reba. Hands down. 'Not to mention' she and I are from the same neck of the woods ... we've had our hair done at the same place too! "HAIR 1" in McAlester, OK ... on Carl Albert Parkway. She's just so fabulous. She sang a new song, "Somebody" I think was it's name, tonight on the CMA awards ... it was wonderful. I just love her.

AND, I have to say even before the end of American Idol tonight ... I changed my mind about who should win....I have been pulling for Diana all along, but tonight was Fantasia's. So was last night. Man. That girl can sing! I teared up watching her cry at the end. Good stuff.

Tomorrow is the Fill a Bag sale at the Thrift Store. I'm taking Lindsay McKenna with me ... I'm excited to take her shopping. I know she'll enjoy it ... I just hope Kadi can be good! I'll go into it with a positive outlook! She'll be great and she'll enjoy herself too! There's some positive thinking!

Have I mentioned that I'm slowly making the changes of rooms around here? All of my clothes are in the girl's room, and all of their clothes are in here. Most of my office books and files are already in Keenan's room. I'm so excited at the upcoming changes! Keenan is very excited to move downstairs. I know he'll be fine ... Kyle will fall asleep down there most nights too ... so Keenan won't be alone. Kyle just can't turn off that TV. Course the shows he likes are on late ... The Shield for one ... and he works so hard during the day that before the shows are over he passes out. Kindof funny. I've so learned not to take his inability to come to bed personally. Doesn't mean I don't like it though ... just means I understand him.

Speaking of Kyle ... he fell off a ladder. First it was a tree last month. Now it was a ladder. His foot and ankle are sooo bruised. You should see them. AND he's limping. He has bruises on his butt too ... not that anyone needs to really know that. He probably should see Dr. Lischwe about it all ... he has an appointment on Tuesday ... I wonder if that's too long to wait. Hmmm.....

Tonight we had a bad storm come through around 7 p.m. The tornado sirens were going off and the TV went out ... we have satellite. The sky turned green, so the kids and I headed downstairs. Marty called, and I told him our TV was out and to please call if the news said anything about a Tornado. Keenan was trying to analyze the situation. Explaining how to act in a tornado and etc ... like I don't know .... sheesh ... grew up in Tornado alley! But, he's only 8 ... doesn't know that! Here's where I'm smiling as I write this. Kennedy was a wreck. She was very scared. I did my best to calm her and tell her we were just in the basement while the storm passed. No big deal. Marty called and said on the news there were cloud rotations sighted so I should keep the kids in the basement. About then my Satellite started working again ... all was well a few minutes later ... atleast for us ... lots of storm damage all over in other places. Kyle was out driving in the weather ... silly man! I didn't try to call him ... he needed to concentrate in that weather!


Heard that song "Red Neck Woman" ... I like it ... lots.

No comments: