My garden is planted!
This is very exciting! I had decided maybe I wasn't going to do it ... but Jamie Lankford came over and tilled it for me ... so Lauren and I piled all 6 of the kids in the car and went plant shopping at Home Depot and Harkte Nursery (which by the way is in excellent place to spend time). Here is what we bought ...
Parsley
Chives
Cilantro
Purple Basil
Lemon Basil
Sage
Rosemary (2 kinds)
Strawberries
Tomatos
Red Onions
Jalopenos
Green Peppers
Cucumbers
Keenan picked purple petunias and a Citronella plants
Kennedy picked Pink Impatiens
Kadi picked a pink begonia.
I'm still lacking Okra .. which I will remedy shortly! AND we are going to have a tough time keeping Koel out of the garden, so today I'm going to go searching for a small 2 foot fence of some kind that we can place all the way around. That way, the garden will be safe from Koel and Nika can still come over to play.
It is very pretty and Kennedy and I worked very hard yesterday evening. I told the kids, because they have their own section, they have to work hard to keep it weeded ... we'll see how they do .... They are excited to have their own section in the middle. That is where the annuals are planted.
In the annual section for the kids, today we also will be planting Zinnias and Marigolds. I'm going to be basically farming my marigolds ... when they get big enough I will replant them around the tomatos and peppers.
I also transplanted my Lamb's ears from the front flower bed to beside the garage in the backyard. They will eventually really take over there ... and that is fine! I pulled them all out of the front yard!
AND my front flower bed is going to be soooo gorgeous! Shasta Daisy's, Easter Lilies, Gaillardia Fanfare, Mums, A Redtwig Dogwood, Japanese Blood Grass, Strawberries and Cream grass, Lavendar, Aquilegia Columbine .... just beautiful! I can't wait.
AND around my tree out front I now have variegated Hostas, and right beside the front porch step!
AND under the Azalea bushes now there are 2 Evening Primrose's and 2 Lavendar.
Not to mention, as Keenan would say, the bamboo growing heartily along the back fence!
I am sooooo excited! I'm becoming quite the little plant lover! And I have such a vast variety. Who would have thought I would enjoy this soooo much?
I will add a picture here soon .... I'll go out and take a picture of the garden in a bit .....
Sunday, May 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment