Monday, May 17, 2004

This is crazy ... I'm still hang drying my laundry outside. We have the new dryer ... it's just not hooked up yet. I'm being very patient ..... maybe .... on the outside. It is 9:15 ... and I have 5 loads of laundry hung outside. I'm hoping it is all dry by like 10 ... it's gonna rain later!!!!!!

We just spent a nice evening with all of the neighbors. Karen and Marty fed us dinner .. hamburgers and hotdogs outside. Very fun. Then we sat around until dark talking with Felicia and Nicole. I'm so happy they had a chance to chat with Karen. It was fun for me. I like all my neighbors. It's fun stuff.

Kennedy fell twice this evening. The first time was one of those slow-motion bike falls ... you know where you just can't save her but you have to watch in extruciating awareness of what is happening. Awful. Yet no blood. THEN, she was walking down the sidewalk and tripped ... BLOOD!! Elbow and knee ... she survived it. I did too. Some hydrogen peroxide and neosporin work wonders. She can't bend her elbow though, she says, so she's sleeping in her clothes. Here is where I would place a smiley face.

I took Koel to Dr. Finn today about his hearing. Koel was not pleased to see Dr. Finn ... he must remember last month's shots! He, let's just say, was not a happy camper. Dr. Finn still wants him to see the ear doctor for a hearing test. Just to be cautious. I agree. Dr. Finn agreed with me too that it probably is just the being the youngest of 4 ... he doesn't need or want to talk ... but to err on the side of caution is better than to do nothing.

Kennedy had a play at school today. She was the tiger. Very sweet. It was at 3:00 in her classroom, so the kids and I went to watch. She did wonderfully! And I must say she was THE best reader in the bunch! Made me proud!

Keenan is so much becoming a boy's boy. Rough and tumbling ... hopping fences, running around without his shirt on, riding his bike, tossing the ball around, stuck on his gameboy. I'm thrilled. He's so confident. Thank you Lord! His little voice is even changing. It's deeper somehow. It just really is. What a good kid he is. I like him so much.

Kyle took Keenan and Kennedy with him on a bid tonight. They loved that!

And Miss Kadi ... well she didn't get to go to the bid because she was in trouble. But she was soon consoled by playing at Marty and Karen's ... we sat in the backyard while Marty grilled our dinner. Kadi and Angel, the dog, had a great time. I was glad to see Kadi not being afraid of the dog! Usually she's only okay around Nika.

Kadi had a good day for the most part. She got to play with Zaine all day. THAT she enjoyed very much. The played water guns most of the day. And they shared nachos for lunch. They had a very nice time. No problems. No worries. Very nice.

Ah ... I'm going to go check on my laundry .... Good night ....

No comments: