Friday, August 19, 2005

I just arrived home from taking some glue to Kyle on a job in St. Charles. It was out by St. Philippines Cemetary, so I stopped to see where Angi and the boys are buried.

Oh, I hate even saying the word 'buried'.

It is a new cemetary. A very lovely spot. Angi, the boys and her sister and brother are right up by the front. There is a spinnning wheel above them. It blew as I said I was going to miss Angi to the air ... I won't say that I said it to her ... she's not there truly ... I said it to heaven ... and the spinning wheel blew. What a beautiful moment. Then I whispered "I love you Angi".

Oh God, will this ever feel real? Never to laugh with her again this side of Heaven .... I'm not sad for her ... she's with YOU! I'm sad for Shawn, for Alex, for all of the kids she's touched, for all of the children the boys knew, for all of Amy and Brett's friends, for their families, for all of us who counted ourselves friends ... Wow ... the hole. The hole that can only be filled with You.

"Take my life and let it be ... consecrated Lord to Thee ...
Take my moments and my days ... let them flow in ceaseless praise ...
Let them flow in ceaseless praise ...."

May my focus always be on loving others. Loving as You would dear Jesus.

Thank you for the time spent with my friend Angi. Thank you for her laughter. Thank you for her energy. Thank you for her determination. What a beautiful person.

May I discover now what makes each of my friends so special and celebrate our differences and our talents! May we put aside all dissention, all masks ... may we live in love!

Today I also ran into Cassandra, one of Angi's special girls, at Walmart. We talked for a few moments. She is going to see Shawn tomorrow night with her husband and children ... Lord, please bless their meeting. The last time I saw Angi she was on a mission to help Cassandra. Always going. Always helping. Always laughing. Again, Lord, thank you for Angi!

No comments: