It's late, but here I sit.
We had a lovely dinner out this evening at the home of John and Angie Hedgecorth. We met them this past Sunday at Baden. They live in St. Charles and actually are very similar to us ... same likes/beliefs ... very cool. They have a community dinner at their home every Thursday evening. Too cool. We met several nice couples this evening. Children everwhere! The fellowship was very nice and the food was very good. I love that kind of an atmosphere where what is mine is yours and yours is mine.
Kyle and I would like to do the same thing at our home ... we're talking about Tuesdays. Then, we could still go to John & Angie's on Thursdays. Then there's the Baden breakfast on Saturdays ... that's not something to miss for sure!! Biscuits N Gravy ... that's what I'm talking about!
Sharing. I believe it is what Christ desires of us! Caring for each other. Feeding each other. Carrying each other's burdens. Kyle and I are deciding to be purposeful in this. There are so many needs ... ourselves included ... why is it that the "Church" so often hides its problems? Why is it the hardest place to find help/acceptance/love? Like that song by the Black Eyed Peas ... "Where is the Love?" Great song. Great message. "FAther, Father, help us ... we need some guidance from above ..." All of the words speak such truth ... I wonder if the B.E.P. had any idea what they were really singing?
I'm glad to be blogging again ... I've missed it ... really I've missed having it printed out so that I can leaf back through it and giggle. Good times.
G'Night.
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment