Sunday, August 21, 2005

What a day was yesterday .... let me sit here and remember it all ...

First ... I packaged up all my Ebay items ... loaded up my kids and we went to the bank, the Post Office .... and then we went to Shop-N-Save ...

I had two $1.00 off of ONE box Hamburger Helper each coupons! Shop-n-Save has had Hamburger Helpers on sale for $1.00 each! SO ... I paid $.08 for two boxes of Hamburger Helper! That was fun!

Then, we went to the thrift store ... I needed Tennis Shoes .... so in we went to Unique. I found a slip on pair of Skechers that were basically brand new ... AND for Koel ... cowboy boots! He loves them. He was kicking around in them all evening last night! Too fun!

We we got home, I challenged the kids to a cleaning fest. 30 minutes in their rooms; 30 minutes in the kitchen, living room, bathroom; and 30 minutes in the basement. For each area they helped happily and well in ... they got a check by their name ... if they got all three checks ... I said we'd go get QuikTrip. AND they did it! So, after cleaning the house ... we piled into the car again ... and Kadi got a Black Cherry Smoothie; Kennedy, Keenan and Koel had Cola/White Cherry Freezonis; and I had my usual ... Diet Dr. Pepper w/ a hint of vanilla.

Upon arriving home ... I was inspired to atleast try to mow the backyard in the heat .... so I began. So much of our yard is shade in the afternoon ... so I discovered it wasn't too bad heat-wise ... height-wise was another story .... it was up to Keenan's knees. My little mower sputtered along and was able to cut the whole lawn. It took much longer than normal. And while I mowed... the kids picked peaches off the peach tree along our back fence line. Anyone need peaches? There's tons! We had fun.

THEN ... we were all so hot ... we turned on the water ... and got soaked. Me too. It was soooo nice! We had a lot of fun. And then I was inspired to clean up my garden ... so I did ... for a while.

THEN .... I talked to Dawn ... and she said we should all go to the Drive-in .... I said great. So we did .

We drove to Belleville, Illinois last night to see "Valiant" and "Sky High". It was so much fun. The kids had a blast! We laid the seat down in the Durango and had a blanket on the ground; plus lawn chairs. We each had a comfy spot .... Chelsea was on the roof of her van. Kyle fell asleep on the blanket in the gravel. He said "See, I can fall asleep anywhere". I was baffled. I have to be in my bed! It was $15 for all 6 of us in our family to see 2 movies! Fabulous! And the same for the Varvils. For $30, we had a fabulous 2 family outing!

Arriving home after midnight ... all children we asleep, so Kyle and I were able to melt into our own bed and drift asleep very quickly .... so nice.

What a day!

Today might very well be such a busy day too ... we'll see ... I don't really desire it to be ... but it has the potential .....

No comments: