Okay, so I just spent the entire day watching E! ... how sad is that? Of course it was the Golden Globes Day ... all day preparation, and then the show! When the after-show came on, I came to my senses.
Kennedy said to me at one point this evening ... "Mom, We are more important than TV".
OH I really stink at being a mom sometimes! One part of me wants to say in return .. Hey, I deserve to get to watch what I want, when I want ... but then I ask myself ... do I really? Why is it so hard to turn off the show about all these ridiculously paid people receiving awards for what they do that makes them all that ridiculous money and lifestyle ... which is so all anti my value system? Why?
I find myself getting angry at the kids ... they haven't done anything ... well except for Kadi hitting Kennedy. Oh, and then Kennedy hitting Kadi. And then Kadi standing on Keenan's rope until he was red with anger. Then there's Koel who spilled Milk in the kitchen, ripped up toilet paper in the bathroom, and somehow got donut on his foot and smashed into the carpet.
AND my children are very crafty ... not in the mean spirited way ... but in the Martha Stewart way ...
The endless amounts of paper, glue, paints, and glitter that it requires to keep them happy is overwhelming. Today Keenan needed cardboard and wood he said. I said NO. Who knows what project he had in mind. Whatever it was would have ended up in my living room floor for me to pick up.
And can I ask ... why is it so hard for people to put away their OWN dirty clothes? To pick up the small pieces of paper that they have cut into a gazillion more pieces? And to put away the books they pick out for the night before? Why is it Kadi can't seem to button her pants anymore? She just runs around with them flapping open ... for all to see whatever Disney Princess or CareBear she has chosen for that part of the day ... mind you not the full day .... they'll change! Usually I find them tucked in the bathroom on the side of the toilet. She knows to put them IN THE TUB! Why is it that Kennedy likes to run through the living room EVERY evening? From her room to the far living room wall ... back and forth ... back and forth ....EVERY evening! I have requested for several evenings now that the running cease. These are all things they are told to do on a repeated basis. I think they must like the tone of my voice when I'm frustrated. Hmm....
Here's a HOORAY FOR TODAY! Really it is a HOORAY and THANK YOU to God for today's weather!!!
Kyle is out plowing/salting. We are very grateful for this provision! God always makes a way! This little winter storm came out of nowhere ... and there's more coming tomorrow apparently.
Also, no school tomorrow ... I am promising to myself right now to spend the day better with my children. Sometimes I just wish we had a room in this house we could dedicate to mess making. Course, they probably wouldn't use it. I'm so cramped in our small space. They're all getting bigger!
BE CONTENT DACIA!!!!!
Ah, .... bedtime is upon me ... it is 9 until 11:00 p.m. My $59 sheets are calling my name! Sounds like luxury to me!
Oh ... one more thing ... Keenan has discovered the joy of the head-set CD player. He wants to listen to Praise Music!!!!!! He fell asleep this evening doing just that! How fun!!!!
G'Night.
Sunday, January 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment