Thursday, January 08, 2004

Okay, so one more ....

Jenny treated the children and I to a Dollar Store trip this past Monday. Lovely.

On the way there, I shared with her the klepto tendancies of my sweet Kadi Dene'. I don't think Jenny quite believed me. On more than one occasion we have left a store with items stashed in her pockets.

I'm learning to look before we leave.

So we make our rounds at the Dollar store ... Kadi of course had like 3 things she wanted ... I told her repeatedly ... No, only one. Keenan and Kennedy were quite content to pick one item, as was Koel ... he,he.

So, we check out. As we're leaving, Jenny checks her receipt. ... Yep, something didn't add up right. Then she checked the bags. There was one more item paid for than there should have been.

Kadi had slipped some Wedding Bubbles in. Neither of us had noticed. I was sure I had checked her out before we checked out ourselves.

Ah ... so we confronted her about it .... she said they were for her DADDY!!!! Ah, Clever girl.

Jenny was dumbfounded at the artistry of my four-year olds manipulations. She just KNEW her Daddy would love those Bubbles. So, we said we'd give them to him ... that did not make her happy! he,he.

Dear sweet little girl .... how does that poem about the girl with the curl go??? That's Kadi.

No comments: