Colossians 3:23 Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not for people, 3:24 because you know that you will receive your inheritance from the Lord as the reward. Serve the Lord Christ.
I've been very inward focused today.
Sitting here reading through Colossians and listening to music, I realize how I've been focusing on myself. It's been a hard afternoon. I still feel like sharing all my woes in here, but I realize ... I have not worked with enthusiasm today in anything. I have not pursued my day for the Lord ... I have pursued it for man ... for Kyle ... for me.
All things are to be for Christ ... FIRST.
"Who is He, whose the mightiest of all ...
Who is He, Creation trembles at his call ...
Who is He, the lowly sacrifice, who paid a victims' price ... His name is Jesus ...
Jesus ... from the Father's own right hand ...
Jesus ... Son of God and Son of man ...
Jesus ... who died and rose again ...
Jesus ... He's the Lion and the Lamb .....
Who is He, with a power none can tame ....
Who is He, that every foe will fear his name ....
Who is He, who was humbly led away to suffer that dark day ... His name is Jesus ....
Jesus ... from the Father's own right hand ...
Jesus ... Son of God and Son of man ...
Jesus ... who died and rose again ...
Jesus ... He's the Lion and the Lamb .....
He's the Lion and the Lamb .......
He's the lamb that was slain
He's the Lion that Reigns
My Savior and King ... both the same ...
Who is He, with the eyes that burn like fire ...
Who is He, oh the wonder He inspires ...
Who is He, who bore the guilt and shame for those who've gone astray ... His name is Jesus ...
Jesus ... from the Father's own right hand ...
Jesus ... Son of God and Son of man ...
Jesus ... who died and rose again ...
Jesus ... He's the Lion and the Lamb ....."
Jesus. I forget on a daily basis that it's not about me ... it's all about Him!
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for Man! Why is it I go through day after day not living with Christ's power. He stands ready to give it.
Kris Bishop issued a challenge a couple of Sunday's ago .. I may have already mentioned it. But I think it is good. To not feed oneself physically, until it has been done Spiritually.
I don't want to walk around defeated. And I don't have to. That's the cool part. It is a choice. To live with enthusiasm for Christ ... it's a choice.
"Just as I am, without one plea.
But that thy blood was shed for me.
And that thou bidst me come to Thee ...
Oh Lamb of God, I come ... I come ...
Just as I am and waiting not,
To rid my soul of one dark blot.
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot ....
Oh Lamb of God, I come ... I come ...
All to Jesus, I surrender .... All to Him I freely give.
I will ever love and trust Him ... in His presence daily live.
I surrender all. I surrender all.
All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all."
This is the day the Lord has made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Enthusiasm! Joy! It's a choice! It's all about Jesus! Thank goodness, it's not about me!
Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment