HERE Is something FABULOUS!
I spent most of my morning at Wal-mart with Lauren, Justin, Kadi and Koel. We stayed in the book/musical toy isle for quite a long time. The kids played and Lauren and I read books. It is like being at the library/toybrary. Wonderful! Then, we strolled over to the Clearance isles. We stayed quite a bit of a long time there too!
I found ..... two gorgeous table cloths .... 100" x 60". The colors are Navy, Purple, and Sage on a white background. Flowers, Leaves, Music, and sweet garden sayings. ... Lovely! They are now the drapes in my bedroom!!! I paid $4.25 per table cloth!!!! Fabulous! AND there were matching cloth napkins ... now I have two big throw pillows on my bed. And I brought in a smaller navy one from the living room! My bedroom looks amazing! The napkins were 2 for $1 ... so for $10.50 ... I have a lovely 'new' room. I plan on now painting my bedroom sage ... with my white wood trim, big white bookcase ... and these new pillows and drapes ... Oooo-wee .... I SO EXCITED!!!
I also made an Italian Meatloaf for dinner ... AMAZING! It was like eating a giant meatball! MMMMMM....
AND here's another fun thing .... I now own "The Thrill of It All" starring James Garner and Doris Day! I love that movie!!! It is so funny ... one of those you can watch over and over! Now I 'need' "Move Over Darling" also starring James Garner and Doris Day. It is sooo funny too!
I found a new foundation makeup today! It really evens out my skin tone! Exciting stuff!
Keenan ... he's so cute ... every morning now he runs into the school building and up the stairs to the middle landing which has windows that look over the parking lot. He wants me to wave and blow him a kiss ... so I do. Sweet Boy.
He has also informed me that the Tyler in his class at school does not like him. Actually 'hates' him. That is hard to hear as a mom! I wanted to scratch the kids eyes. But I realize also, they are 7 and 8 years old. Emotions are rampant. Still a hard mommy moment for me. I asked Keenan why ... he says he doesn't know ... maybe because he sits too close to him ...
AND Kennedy told me that Jarrod in her class 'hates' her. I was shocked. I know for a fact that Jarrod likes her. But she says that she got in his way [unintentionally] in PE while playing Hockey. Apparently he is competitive.
Hard stuff for a mommy's heart. My babies are awesome! How dare anyone not think sooooo!!!!!
Kennedy dressed herself up in a black long sleeve top, black leggins and her long black boots this evening ... topping off the outfit with a black headband. My oh my ... didn't we look coffee-shoppee. She said she was a secret agent. He,he. She could wear a gunny sack and look pretty.
Kadi-here's my question .... why is it so hard for her to get along with people some days. I find myself being so embarrassed by the mean things she does and says ... yet I realize she isn't me. She may be a reflection of me to a degree ... but she is her own person. She must have some anger issues, or it is purely selfishness. Lord, I need wisdom to know how to parent this little girl!
By the way, Ike told her she was beautiful on Sunday ... so now she has decided she wants to marry Ike and not Justin. Fickle. he,he. Toddler romance. Funny stuff.
Koel ... at Wal-mart today ... he wanted Lauren and not me!!! I reached for him and he pulled away ... when he did come to me ... he wanted right back to her. My poor little heart. However, when he gets his little feelers hurt ... he comes running to me ... he knows who momma is!
It's funny. Every day, I just can't get over how cute he is. What a doll. Always smiling. And that dimple ... it goes on and on ..... AND speaking of his dimple ... which leads me to his cheeks .... his cheeks will do that flappy thing that Lauren's do! Hilarious!!!!!! For those of you who know what I'm talking about .... you know that is funny!
Kyle couldn't find a receipt tonight. I discovered quickly though that it wasn't that he couldn't find it ... he just really did not look for it first. Here's where I would place a smirking smiling face.
Thank you Lord for a relaxing day! And even for the non-relaxing days ... but I'm glad today was ....
This is the day that the Lord has made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Wednesday, March 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment