I had quite a near-fright this evening while on the phone ....
Pete came quickly to where I was outside and said these words ... "Your children have blown something up in the microwave!"
Oh my goodness!! thought I ... and I ran to see what the matter was ... in my mind thinking it must be a fork or a spoon .....
Did you know you shouldn't microwave a pop-tart longer than 4 seconds? It's true. That's what my children learned this evening. There sat Kadi's pop-tart billowing smoke in my kitchen after being 'nuked' literally. Poor pop-tart all tattered and blown up.
It really was quite funny. Not at first, but now it is.
Binkies are funny things. First of all how gross is it really to suck on a bulb of rubber day after day ... yuck. Then, they have this funny was of disappearing .... like today ... Koel has been through 4 of them. I don't know where they go. Somehow they always surface ... except for a yellow/red one ... it is just gone. Just one of those little things I think about.
Everyone but Koel is asleep right now. He's in his bed though. So, I'm off to slumber myself. It has been a long day ... good but long.
Here's a funny about today .... Each month I make a food menu and then plan my grocery list accordingly. Because I do this, I pay attention to grocery store ads and I remember prices. I can tell you whether something is cheaper at Shop N Save or at Aldi. I added it all up yesterday and told Kyle I was going to spend $243. That is 5 weeks of food for our family ... planned meals. Milk and etc., will continually have to be purchased. So, keeping in mind the $243 amount ... I went a little over that ... I actually spent $244! Oh my! He,he ... I love it when it is that close!!!!! What fun!!! Should I get out more?
To bed I go .......
Monday, March 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment