I love Kyle. He's a good man. He's a hard-working man. He truly is my friend.
He performs this disappearing act sometimes. Last night he walked out the front door and didn't come back for like 3 hours. He does this every now and then. He just doesn't think. And then he doesn't answer his cell phone. If I only had the luxuries that he does!
He came back around 11:00 and changed what I was listening to on the computer without asking, then went out to the kitchen for a bite to eat and to watch TV. He remembered after he walked out of the room to put my music back on.
I was hurt. He had disappeared for 3 hours without even telling me he was leaving. Then he comes home and does exactly what he wants to here. In my way of thinking he owed it to me to leave the TV off and spend a little time with me!
BUT No ... then he fell asleep on the couch watching TV and stayed there all night ... with the TV on. (Same man who complains about lights being left on ... says it's different because after he's asleep ... he's not aware ....) I just don't get it. Ah well......
AND on Sunday mornings, I don't like him. For 9 years I've been getting the children and myself ready for church by myself while he lays around in bed. Today he's on the couch...where he slept all ngiht.
I don't know ... I just would like for him to take an interest in being a part of the Sunday morning routine. Fix breakfast for his family, change a diaper or two, fend off fights and disagreements that don't need to happen before church. There are so many things to do on Sunday mornings. I have just gotten good at doing them all myself.
Last week he just slept and slept so we left without him.
I may do that today.
Rather than start a fight/argument myself. He has to make his own choices. So often his choices hurt my heart, but I'm gonna be a big girl and realize that ...
1) He is different than me ... he is truly from Mars.
2) He straight up is a more self-focused person than I am ... I am five person focused. (self-focused is a nice way of saying 'selfish')
3) I can't change him by arguing with him.
4) We are each responsible according to the Lord for our own actions!
Therefore ...
Choose you this day who you will serve ... but as for me and my [children] we will serve the Lord!
Again, not saying that he doesn't in his own way ... just not the way I see it should be done.
Kyle just poked his head in the door ... we'll see if he stays awake. Then the question will be ... will he get ready on time. Even on Sunday mornings when he gets up on time .... he doesn't get ready for church until 10:00. I like to leave at 10:00. I'm never late for church when he isn't home. Never.
Things are so backward here. In so many ways this macho man of mine is a girl!
I feel better now. I decided rather than feel frustrated all morning, I would voice it on my blog.
I know my relationship with my husband is different from so many other relationships. Just know that it does work for us. There are things about me that drive him batty too.
On .... to get my household ready for church ................
Sunday, March 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment