Friday, March 12, 2004

We just did all of our indoor planting ... the beginning of the 2004 garden!

I've decided this year that the top garden is going to become an herb garden. WHAT FUN!! And behind the garage down to the fence, I'll fill with tomatoes, peppers, okra, etc....

The herbs I've chosen are .... Lavendar, Oregano, Chives, Garlic Chives, Parsley, Sage, Thyme, Basil, and I want to add Rosemary. I also want to grow Strawberries there. We are going to make a spot for the green beans and peas in the top garden. I want it to be so pretty! I'm very excited! Maybe I should add Chamomile, just for pretty's sake.

The kids and I all loaded up and went to Wal-mart today. We picked out our seeds, cups and soil. Then at home we pushed holes into styrofoam cups with toothpicks, filled the cups with soil, planted the seeds according to package directions and then placed them in two large cookie sheets that have sides. Exciting stuff!

A few of them say we'll see seedlings in as early as 7 days! We are excited! Now ... I just hope Kyle won't forget to water them while the kiddies and I are gone to Oklahoma!

We've also been listening to Junie B. Jones audio books and Ramona, Age 8 ...audio book. Hilarious! Great fun for while we've been working!

I love the Junie B. Jones just calls her teacher ... Mrs. That's all. Just Mrs. She says "She has another name, but I just like Mrs." So cute.

No comments: